I made this for the first time today and the Sir was so enthusiastic about it that I'm writing down the recipe. This makes a big bowl of flavorful hummus-like dip. As with most of my recipes, I based this loosely off a fairly simple recipe I found online to get the base proportions right.
- 1.5 C Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans, cooked (High pressure for 12 minutes if you're using a pressure cooker)
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Juice of a Lime
- 3 Dried Tomato Halves, chopped
- Spices - Use what you like- I added a little bit of: Black Pepper, Rosemary, Italian Seasoning, Dried Cilantro, some All-Purpose No-Salt Seasoning, and Fresh Orange Zest
1. Mash up the chickpeas as best you can in a bowl.
2. Mash in the avocado.
3. Thoroughly mix in the remaining ingredients.